Traditional Media Training
Monday • August 31st • 1:00 to 2:00 CST
Please join us:
Meeting ID: 849 3506 7299 • Passcode: 641918
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,84935067299#,,,,,,0#,,641918# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,84935067299#,,,,,,0#,,641918# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
“…Voting and participating in the democratic process are key. The vote is the most powerful nonviolent change agent you have in a democratic society. You must use it because it is not guaranteed. You can lose it….”
Printed in the NY Times July 30, 2020
Less than 75 days till the November 3rd election!
Register Educate Vote Use Power
IMPORTANT VOTING DATES IN TEXAS
Mail in ballot information
REV UP Texas continues to advocate for onsite polling accessibility.
In light of the possibility of COVID 19 issues continuing through 2020, we are encouraging eligible folks to also apply for a mail in ballot. This is a backup plan to assure our votes are counted.
Our first priority is to have accessible onsite polls and accessible voting machines. Mail in ballots are Plan B.
We are aware of the need to improve the accessibility of mail in balloting especially for people with visual disabilities.
We will be working with organizations that understand these issues on ways to make the mail in ballot process more accessible.
Below is an effort by Natl ACB to promote US Congressional action on this issue.
ELECTION PROTECTION HOTLINES
- ENGLISH 866-OUR-VOTE 866-867-8683
- SPANISH 888-VE-Y-VOTA 888-839-8682
- ASIAN LANGUAGES 888-API-VOTE 888-274-8683
- ARABIC 844-YALLA-US 844-925-5287
Disability Rights Texas (DRTx)Voting Information Hotline – 1-888-796-VOTE (8683)
- Register2Vote Here!
- National Disability Voter Registration Week (NDVRW) July 13th – 17th
- 2020 PRIMARY SCHEDULE
- Get-Out-The-Vote Awareness Public Service Announcement
- GET OUT THE VOTE – REV UP An Initiative by AAPD
- Texas Disabilities Issues Forum held in August 2014
Ensuring Full Participation in the Voting Process!
Texans with disabilities CAN influence the outcome of statewide and local elections!
More than any time in memory:
- Elected leaders and political candidates are recognizing more than 4 MILLION Texans with disabilities—from birth to advanced age—as a powerful, important constituency.
- Issues important to people with disabilities must be part of the platform for any candidate running for public office.
Join thousands of Texans with disabilities in this important and historic effort!
To vote, you MUST register! Use Your Power!!
Don’t Mourn! Organize, Register and VOTE! Make the DISABILITY VOTE Count!